NSP National Scholarship: National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a digital gateway for different government scholarship schemes offered by Central governments, State Governments and other government agencies like UGC and AICTE. It is a one-stop platform for students who are interested in applying for various educational schemes and scholarship services. The portal looks after end to end implementation of the scholarship schemes and their disbursement as well. nsp national scholarship portal
The National Scholarship Portal hosts 118 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores for the scholarship seekers registered on the platform. It is taken as a ‘Mission Mode Project’ under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). As per the data released for the academic year 2022-23, NSP has helped the government implement and disburse scholarships worth more than INR 2,800 crores (INR 2875.50 to be precise). The platform boasts more than 127 lakh applications out of which over 84 Lakh applications are verified.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
- 3 Benefits of NSP
- 4 Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Created?
- 5 What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
- 6 How to Check NSP Application Status?
- 7 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
- 8 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – List of Central Schemes
- 9 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
- 10 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Disbursement Facts
- 11 National Scholarship Portal 2022-23 – Overview
- 12 FAQs on NSP National Scholarship
राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल (एनएसपी) केंद्र सरकारों, राज्य सरकारों और यूजीसी और एआईसीटीई जैसी अन्य सरकारी एजेंसियों द्वारा दी जाने वाली विभिन्न सरकारी छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के लिए एक डिजिटल गेटवे है। यह उन छात्रों के लिए वन-स्टॉप प्लेटफॉर्म है जो विभिन्न शैक्षिक योजनाओं और छात्रवृत्ति सेवाओं के लिए आवेदन करने में रुचि रखते हैं। पोर्टल छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के कार्यान्वयन और उनके संवितरण को भी देखता है। nsp login national scholarship portal
राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल मंच पर पंजीकृत छात्रवृत्ति चाहने वालों के लिए सैकड़ों करोड़ की 118 छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं की मेजबानी करता है। इसे राष्ट्रीय ई-गवर्नेंस योजना (एनईजीपी) के तहत ‘मिशन मोड प्रोजेक्ट’ के रूप में लिया गया है। शैक्षणिक वर्ष 2022-23 के लिए जारी आंकड़ों के अनुसार, एनएसपी ने सरकार को 2,800 करोड़ रुपये से अधिक की छात्रवृत्ति को लागू करने और वितरित करने में मदद की है (INR 2875.50 सटीक होने के लिए)। मंच में 127 लाख से अधिक आवेदन हैं, जिनमें से 84 लाख से अधिक आवेदन सत्यापित हैं।
What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is one of the most prominent scholarship portals launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. It offers various scholarship schemes to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority and General category students. NSP ensures timely disbursement of scholarships to students and avoids duplication in processing.
Its main aim is to create a transparent database of scholars and ensure that the scholarships are disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to eligible students.
Also, Read- Last Date NSP Scholarship 2022-23, Important Dates for Application, FAQs… Read More
Benefits of NSP
There are several benefits that eligible students can avail themselves from the National Scholarship Portal, which are:
- NSP simplifies the scholarship process as the information is available under one umbrella.
- It, being a single integrated application for all scholarships, ensures that students don’t have to scale other websites to know about eligibility or the application process.
- It helps to reduce the duplication of applications.
- NSP suggests the appropriate schemes for students.
- It serves as a Decision Support System (DSS) for various Ministries and departments, providing up-to-date information on demand.
- It ensures faster scholarship processing.
- Also, It helps standardize master data for all India-level courses and institutions.
Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Created?
The National Scholarship Portal was started by the Indian government under the National e-Governance initiative to ensure a smooth and proper flow of funds directly to the bank accounts of students without any hindrance. The key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
- Ensuring the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
- Avoiding duplication that occurs while processing the applications
- Offering the students, a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships
- Harmonizing the variety of scholarships and their norms
- Creating a transparent scholars’ database
- Ensuring all scholarships are disbursed to students on time
What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
The National Scholarship Portal is well known for its nationwide reach. It covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to PhD level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are majorly categorized under the following sections –
- Central schemes
- UGC/ AICTE schemes
- State schemes
How to Check NSP Application Status?
After applying to the national scholarship portal for a particular scholarship, candidates can check their respective application status’ following the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the official national scholarship portal.
- When the homepage opens, click on the login link.
- Enter the application ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Check Your Status’ tab.
- The application status will reflect on the screen.
NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022-23 Update, IMEI Tracker Update, DBT Full Form, Touch Typing Test, PMJAY CSC Login Updated, How to Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number, National Scholarship Scheme 2022 Last Date, Rajkumar Hirani Contact Number.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
Various departments operating under the Indian Government-run several scholarships to help students pursue their dream academic careers without any financial constraints. The renowned providers in the realm of scholarships include:
- Department of Higher Education (DHE)
- Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE)
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD)
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA)
- Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), and more
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – List of Central Schemes
Interested students will find the cumulative list of central NSP scholarships in the table highlighted below.
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Application Deadline|
|Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities|
Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
|Ministry of Minority Affairs||30 September 2022|
31 October 2022
31 October 2022
30 September 2022
|Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities|
Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities
|Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities||30 September 2022|
31 October 2022
31 October 2022
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students|
Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh
|Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment||31 October 2022|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric|
Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric
|Ministry of Labour and Employment||31 October 2022|
30 September 2022
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top-Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students) – only for scholarships||Ministry Of Tribal Affairs||31 October 2022|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship||Department of School Education & Literacy||30 September 2022|
|NEC Merit Scholarship for NER Region||North Eastern Council (NEC), DoNER||31 October 2022|
|Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students||Department of Higher Education||31 October 2022|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles|
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Wards of States/UTS Police Personnel Martyred During Terror/Naxal Attacks
|WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||31 October 2022|
31 October 2022
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF||RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway||31 October 2022|
Job Application, Free Computer Institute Registration in India, Computer Courses Franchise in India, Computer Centre Franchise in India, Computer Centre Franchise Opportunity in India.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on NSP, the students are required to upload certain documents to complete the application process. However, for the scholarship amount less than INR 50,000, the students are not required to upload any document. They need to submit a copy of the documents to their respective schools/colleges/institute.
For all other scholarships, the students should keep the following documents ready:
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if the candidate belongs to a special category)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
- Self-declaration certificate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Candidate’s mobile number
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Disbursement Facts
- As per NSP, the academic year 2020-21 witnessed the disbursal of close to INR 2,800 crores worth of scholarships as on 01st September 2021.
- The scholarships are basically divided into three categories – Pre-Matric (Class 1 to 10), Post Matric (Class 11, 12, UG, PG) and Higher Education (UG, PG, Professional and Technical Courses).
- In addition to the above fact, the Department of School Education and Literacy offers another scholarship which is meant for students from Classes 9-12.
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA) disbursed a total of INR 1905.21 crore of scholarship funds
- The Department of Higher Education (DHE), which is dedicated to higher education, distributed only INR 168.59 crore.
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Ministry of Social Justice had disbursed scholarships of INR 20.23 Cr and INR 6.33 Cr respectively under their respective schemes meant for ST and SC students pursuing higher education.
Also, Read- National Scholarship Portal Renewal 2022-23, Renewal Process and FAQs… Read More
National Scholarship Portal 2022-23 – Overview
|Name of Article||National Scholarship Portal|
नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल
|Launched by||Central Government of India|
|Ministry||Ministry of Electronics and IT|
|Beneficiaries||Pre-matric & Post-matric Students|
|Major Benefit||Financial Support|
|Article Objective||To provide financial support to EWS sections|
|Article Under||State Government|
|Name of State||All India|
|Post Category||Article/ Yojana|
FAQs on NSP National Scholarship
Who can apply for NSP Scholarships?
The NSP scholarships are offered by different departments functioning under the Government of India and other state governments. Therefore, the eligibility criteria of each NSP scholarship vary. Candidates must check individual scholarships to know their eligibility criteria. These scholarships are meant for students of Class 1 to 12, undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD and Postdoctoral students. They can also find scholarships for SC, ST, OBC, EBC, and Minority Communities in the list available.
What is the last date of the NSP Scholarship 2022?
The last date to apply for the central sector NSP scholarship 2022 is 31st October 2022 (for Post-Matric Scholarships) and 30th September 2022 (for Pre-Matric Scholarships).
When will the Ministry verification of NSP 2022 be held?
The Ministry/institute verification of NSP 2022 will be conducted on 15th November 2022.
Also, Read- National Scholarship Portal 2022-23 Last Date, Important Dates and FAQs… Read More
When can a student apply for NSP scholarships?
The application period for each NSP scholarship varies. The applications for centrally funded scholarships generally start in August and continue till November. However, there is no specific timeline for state scholarships. To know about the respective application period, kindly refer to the list of scholarships in the article above.
प्रत्येक एनएसपी छात्रवृत्ति के लिए आवेदन की अवधि अलग-अलग होती है। केंद्र द्वारा वित्त पोषित छात्रवृत्ति के लिए आवेदन आम तौर पर अगस्त में शुरू होते हैं और नवंबर तक जारी रहते हैं। हालांकि, राज्य छात्रवृत्ति के लिए कोई विशिष्ट समय सीमा नहीं है। संबंधित आवेदन अवधि के बारे में जानने के लिए, कृपया उपरोक्त लेख में छात्रवृत्ति की सूची देखें।
Is Aadhaar a mandatory requirement for all NSP scholarships?
No, an Aadhaar number is not a mandatory requirement to apply for any NSP scholarship. If the students do not have an Aadhaar number, they can still apply for the scholarships by providing the Aadhaar enrollment id.
नहीं, किसी भी एनएसपी छात्रवृत्ति के लिए आवेदन करने के लिए आधार संख्या अनिवार्य नहीं है। यदि छात्रों के पास आधार संख्या नहीं है, तो भी वे आधार नामांकन आईडी प्रदान करके छात्रवृत्ति के लिए आवेदन कर सकते हैं। national scholarship portal nsp