NSP Scholarship: So Students who are domicile of UT of Jammu & Kashmir and UT of Ladakh, can apply for the scholarship on NSP til January 17, 2020. Also, the application forms for PMSS Scheme for WARB/Police Personnel (Martyr) released on November 6, 2019. The last date to apply for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles (PMSS) is December 15, 2019. So Chandigarh & Uttarkhand & J&K students can apply for Post-Matric & Pre-Matric Scholarships through the National Scholarship Portal at scholarships.gov.in. Meritorious and eligible students should complete the NSP registration 2019 for any of the mentioned NSP scholarships before the last date. The last date for online National Scholarship Portal Registration for pre-matric scholarships is October 15, 2019. However, the NSP registration 2019 last date for post-matric scholarships is October 31, 2019.
So Students of all classes and streams are eligible for NSP registration through the National Scholarship Portal. Students who are applying from Bihar, Assam and Jharkhand for “Central Sectorcheme of Scholarships for College & University Students” offered by MHRD (DOHE) are requested to mention their Class 12th Roll code and roll no in the NSP application form. So Read the article to get details of NSP registration through National Scholarship Portal, eligibility, dates and more.
- 1 Who Can Apply through National Scholarship Portal:
- 2 Steps for NSP Registration through National Scholarship Portal
- 3 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Number of Scholarships Available
- 4 How to track the Scholarship Registration?
- 5 National Scholarship Portal – Different Scholarships
- 6 National Scholarship Portal- Central Schemes
- 7 National Scholarship Portal- UGC Schemes
- 8 National Scholarship Portal- AICTE Schemes
- 9 National Scholarship Portal- State-Level Schemes
- 10 NSP Workflow
- 11 Benefits of National Scholarship Portal
- 12 National Scholarship Portal- Important Points to Consider
- 13 Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – National Scholarship Portal
- 13.1 Can I apply for all state-level scholarships through NSP?
- 13.2 What is the last date to apply through National Scholarship Portal?
- 13.3 What is the eligibility for National Scholarship Schemes?
- 13.4 How can I apply online through NSP?
- 13.5 Should I need the user id and password to apply for scholarship?
- 13.6 Can I edit the information already saved?
- 13.7 Do I need to get my Aadhaar Card to apply for Scholarship?
- 13.8 What are the fields which are not editable?
- 13.9 What documents are to be uploaded on NSP while applying for the scholarships?
- 13.10 I know the UDISE code of my Institute but not the address and location. What to do?
- 13.11 Is the usage of Digital Signature Mandatory?
- 13.12 How to track the status of my application?
Latest National Scholarship Portal Updates
- The verification date Central Sector Schemes at District/State/Ministry Level has been extended till December 27, 2019.
- Central sector schemes are open for Jammu and Kashmir students till January 17, 2020.
- Students who are domicile of UT of Jammu & Kashmir and UT of Ladakh, can apply for the scholarship on NSP til January 17, 2020
- Application dates for the Central Sector Scheme have been extended till November 15, 2019.
- Applications for PMSS Scheme for WARB/Police Personnel (Martyr) are available from November 6, 2019.
- Students belonging to Chandigarh & Uttarkhand can apply for Post-Matric & Pre-Matric Scholarships. The last dates are mentioned in the below table.
- To apply through National Scholarship Portal 2019; Click Here
Click here to apply for Scholarship in India
Who Can Apply through National Scholarship Portal:
- Meritorious students who belong to reserved categories such as SC, ST, OBC can apply for pre-matric and post-matric scholarships.
- Meritorious students of all categories can apply for UGC scholarships to gain financial assistance for pursuing higher studies.
- Singe girl child can apply for PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship offered by UGC
Steps for NSP Registration through National Scholarship Portal
Students who meet the eligibility criteria of the below-mentioned scholarships should complete scholarship registration before the respective last date. For National Scholarship Portal registration, students should visit scholarships.gov.in before October 31, 2019. The scholarship registration date varies from scheme to scheme. Hence, students are advised to keep track of the National Scholarship Portal last date to register on time.
- Step-1– Go to the official website of National Scholarship Portal, scholarships.gov.in
- Step-2– Click on the “New Registration” tab available on the top menu. A new NSP registration form will appear on your screen.
- Step-3– Select the scholarship from the various schemes available on the National Scholarship Portal for which you are eligible.
- Step-4– Enter your name, date of birth, mobile number, email-Id, state of domicile, category, and bank details.
- Step-5– Upload a copy of Bank Passbook in PDF or Jpeg Format of size 200KB
- Step-6– Enter the captcha given on the right side
- Step-7– Now, Click on Register to submit the details at National Scholarship Portal and to get a unique application number
Candidates will receive the NSP registration details like application number and password on their registered mobile phone number.
A project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a one-stop-solution to avail various scholarships offered by UGC, AICTE & various Ministries. These scholarships include Pre-Matric, Post-Matric, Merit-cum-Means scholarship schemes and more. Around 50 higher education scholarships are available for eligible students. These scholarships are majorly offered to students who belong to financially and socially backward classes. Besides, there are a few schemes for merit students irrespective of their category. Here, check the different central and state-level scholarships available at National Scholarship Portal.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Number of Scholarships Available
Students can apply for numerous scholarship schemes through the National Scholarship Portal. However, a limited number of students will be selected for a particular scheme. Check the different schemes and number of schemes available-
|S.No||NSP Scholarships||Number of Scholarships|
|1||Pragati Scholarship for Girl Students||4000 (2000 for Degree and 2000 for Diploma)|
|2||Saksham Scholarship for Specially Abled Students||1000 (500 for Degree and 500 for Diploma)|
|3||ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region||10000|
|4||PG Indra Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child||3000|
|5||PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders||3000|
|6||Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students||82000 (41000 for boys and 41000 for girls)|
|7||National Means Cum Merit Scholarship||100,000 scholarships|
|8||National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students||1000|
How to track the Scholarship Registration?
Once you are done with the complete application process, you must take a printout of the application form by clicking on the ‘Print Your Application’ tab. The National Scholarship Portal also offers the information for tracking your current application status through ‘Check Your Status’ tab. Whether your application has been finally submitted or not, it will be visible under this section.
All eligible candidates who want to take advantage of the NSP scholarships can register themselves using any of the following three documents:
- Aadhar Number
- Enrollment Id
- Bank Passbook
National Scholarship Portal – Different Scholarships
Students studying in class 1 to Ph.D. level can apply for various scholarship programs through the National Scholarship Portal. The scholarships available on NSP are categorized into 4 different sections that are
- Central schemes
- UGC schemes
- AICTE schemes
- State schemes
National Scholarship Portal- Central Schemes
The central schemes of the National Scholarship Portal are offered by various central ministries including the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Ministry of Labour & Employment, Ministry of Tribal Affairs and more. These scholarships at an all-India level for minorities or SC/ST students to pursue their further studies without any financial constraints. Refer to the table below to know the eligibility of all central scholarships available on NSP (National Scholarship Portal).
National Scholarship Portal- UGC Schemes
UGC (University Grants Commission) is a national-level organization that financially supports students to pursue their higher education in India. The UGC scholarships can only be availed for college-level education. UGC offered scholarships for merit holders of all communities including SC and ST. So There is a special NSP scholarship program for students belonging to the North Eastern Region, named ISHAN UDAY. The below table comprises the details of UGC scholarships available on the National Scholarship portal with eligibility and dates.
National Scholarship Portal- AICTE Schemes
So AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) is a national-level council for technical education that works under the Department of Higher Education, MHRD. So It offers Pragati Scholarship and Saksham Scholarship Scheme to motivate girls and differently-abled students to pursue technical education. Students can apply for AICTE scholarships at www.aicte-india.org. So Check the details of all AICTE scholarship details that are available at the National scholarship portal.
National Scholarship Portal- State-Level Schemes
So Apart from national scholarship programs, students can also apply for some state-level schemes through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). So These usually include the Post-Matric and Pre-Matric scholarships for students belonging to SC, ST, OBC and other categories. Students should first check the eligibility before moving to the application process. So Students studying in the classes below 10th can apply through their respective schools. Refer the table to know state-level scholarship schemes.
Benefits of National Scholarship Portal
- So It is a common portal for student registration, fee payment, scholarship processing, sanction and disbursal to students.
- So NSP offers timely disbursement of scholarships to students.
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) reduces the duplicity of applications.
- So The portal is easy to access and reduces the time of students.
- So Students from far-flung areas can easily apply for NSP scholarships.
National Scholarship Portal- Important Points to Consider
- So Only one application form will be accepted by a candidate.
- Keep all the documents handy before applying through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- So Students should carefully fill their domicile state as the “Application Id” will be allotted based on domicile state. So The application ID cannot be changed under any circumstances.
- Students should also fill the right family income as per the Income Certificate issued by the competent authority.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) – National Scholarship Portal
Can I apply for all state-level scholarships through NSP?
Answer: So Only a few states allow application through the National Scholarship Portal.
What is the last date to apply through National Scholarship Portal?
Answer: So Different scholarship schemes have different last date. So Check the schemes last date and details carefully
What is the eligibility for National Scholarship Schemes?
Answer: So Students who fulfill the guidelines of respective scholarship provide by the Ministries are eligible to apply for National Scholarship Schemes.
How can I apply online through NSP?
Answer: So Visit the official website www.scholarships.gov.in to access the application link.
Should I need the user id and password to apply for scholarship?
Answer: Fresh candidates need to generate the Permanent Registration ID and password. So For Renewal, students will need the Application Id and Date of Birth which they registered previous year.
Can I edit the information already saved?
Answer: Yes, students can edit all the details of application form within the deadline.
Do I need to get my Aadhaar Card to apply for Scholarship?
Answer: So Aadhaar No. is not mandatory to register and fill up the application form online.
What are the fields which are not editable?
Answer: Aadhaar & Enrollment Id are not editable at any stage.Hence, should be filled carefully.
What documents are to be uploaded on NSP while applying for the scholarships?
Answer: Documents are require to uploaded only for the Scholarship Amount more than @ 50000 per annum.
I know the UDISE code of my Institute but not the address and location. What to do?
Answer: So The school location and UDISE code and vice versa can be checked through the link http://www.mdm-mis.nic.in/MDM/school_dise_code_scholarship.aspx
Is the usage of Digital Signature Mandatory?
Answer: So The use of Digital Signature is not mandatory at NSP Application.
How to track the status of my application?
Answer: So An option “Check Your Status” will be available once you login to your account.
Also Read: NSP Registration process