- 0.1 Q1. Is that the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
- 0.2 Q2. Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to included under the scheme?
- 0.3 Q3. Is there needing for uploading of domicile certificate alongside the web application form?
- 0.4 Q4. Are only first-year undergraduate students eligible to apply?
- 0.5 Q5. Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those that have cleared Class XII exam or equivalent within the preceding years eligible to apply?
- 0.6 Q6. Are students enrolled in private/deemed universities (not funded by either Central or State Government) eligible to apply?
- 0.7 Q7. Are students enrolled in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?
- 0.8 Q8. Are students enrolled in dual degree courses eligible to apply?
- 0.9 Q9. Are all courses covered under the ambit of the scheme?
- 0.10 Q10. What’s the quantity of scholarship payable to the awardees?
- 0.11 Q11. Who will verify the credentials of the candidates? How will payments be regulated?
- 0.12 Q12. Will the scholarship transferred just in case the awardee changes the institution or course during the tenure of scholarship?
- 0.13 Q13. Will the scholarship renewed if the awardee fails within the first or subsequent years of study?
- 0.14 Q14. Are the scholars who have enrolled in some course in distance mode or have obtained admission through management quota be considered eligible for award of scholarship?
- 0.15 Q15. Can the awardee claim the other scholarship (State/ Institute or other Ministry) during the tenure of award of this scholarship?
- 0.16 Q16. Can the scholars apply anytime during the year of admission?
- 0.17 Q17. What sorts of scholarships are available?
- 0.18 Q18. What are my chances of gaining a scholarship?
- 0.19 Q19. Am I able to get a scholarship for graduate study?
- 0.20 Q20. Am I able to apply for a scholarship before being accepted into a university?
- 0.21 Q21. What are scholarship scams and the way do I avoid them?
- 0.22 Q22. What should I submit with my scholarship application?
- 1 Useful Links:
Q1. Is that the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
Ans. No. Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India covered under the Scholarship schemes i.e. Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
Q2. Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to included under the scheme?
Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is a smaller amount than or adequate to Rs.4.5 lakh once a year covered under the ambit of the scheme.
Also Read: NSP
Q3. Is there needing for uploading of domicile certificate alongside the web application form?
Yes, the domicile certificate/ permanent resident certificate issued by the competent authority will need to upload with the web form.
Q4. Are only first-year undergraduate students eligible to apply?
Yes, only those students who have passed Class XII(CBSE board) or equivalent Examination of State Boards for the present year are eligible to use.
Q5. Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those that have cleared Class XII exam or equivalent within the preceding years eligible to apply?
No. Only those students who have qualified class XII exam or equivalent exam during the present school year are eligible to use.
Q6. Are students enrolled in private/deemed universities (not funded by either Central or State Government) eligible to apply?
No. The scheme is applicable for college kids of first-year undergraduate courses and enrolled within the following institutions are eligible to apply: –
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / government.
- Institutes of National Importance.
- Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within also as outside the States of NER.
Q7. Are students enrolled in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?
Yes. Students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to use. However, such awardees could avail scholarship just for the undergraduate a part of the course.
Q8. Are students enrolled in dual degree courses eligible to apply?
Yes. However, the awardees are going to be eligible to draw scholarship only till the tenure of the first-degree programme.
Q9. Are all courses covered under the ambit of the scheme?
No. The scholarship is going to award generally degree courses, professional courses, technical courses, medical and paramedical courses (including MBBS, BAMS, BDS, B.Arch., B.Tech.etc.)
Q10. What’s the quantity of scholarship payable to the awardees?
depends upon course of study of the awardee. For the scholars pursuing General Degree Courses (BA, BSc, BCom, BMS, BBA etc.) it is Rs. 5400/-p.m. etc. and for college kids pursuing professional degree courses (B.E., BTech, MBBS, B. Pharm. etc. ) it’s and Rs.7800/-p.m. for the whole duration in fact. The concerned University/ Institute/ College will verify whether the course of study for the candidate is general or professional.
Q11. Who will verify the credentials of the candidates? How will payments be regulated?
The Concerned University/Institute/College during which the candidate is pursuing the course of study will verify the credential of the candidate on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP portal).
Q12. Will the scholarship transferred just in case the awardee changes the institution or course during the tenure of scholarship?
No. there’s no provision for transfer of scholarship.
Q13. Will the scholarship renewed if the awardee fails within the first or subsequent years of study?
No. The scholarship won’t renew if the awardee fails to qualify within the annual or term end examinations of the course.
Q14. Are the scholars who have enrolled in some course in distance mode or have obtained admission through management quota be considered eligible for award of scholarship?
No these categories of scholars won’t consider for the award of scholarship.
Q15. Can the awardee claim the other scholarship (State/ Institute or other Ministry) during the tenure of award of this scholarship?
No. Such students won’t consider for the award of this scholarship.
Q16. Can the scholars apply anytime during the year of admission?
No. Students can only apply online on the NSP (https://scholarships.gov.in/)during a specific period of time as displayed on the web site.
Q17. What sorts of scholarships are available?
There is an enormous range of scholarship opportunities available for university students across the planet, starting from partial scholarships which cover some tuition fees, to full scholarships which cover the duration of your studies. So the bulk of scholarships cover tuition fees only, leaving students to hide their own living costs.
Also Read: CSC Login
There also are many various sorts of scholarships for international students from certain regions, or maybe students studying during a certain field. As an example, many students from developing countries, including parts of Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe, can apply for specific scholarships, as can many students from everywhere the planet looking to review during a STEM-related field (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
Q18. What are my chances of gaining a scholarship?
Don’t be fooled, scholarships are highly competitive. After all, there are many students around the world trying to urge funding for his or her studies. Although some scholarships depend upon outstanding academic records (‘merit-based scholarships’), your chances of success often determined by the standard of your application, and whether or not you’re in financial need. Variety of universities within the US, including Harvard and MIT for instance, offer ‘need-blind’ admissions policies, meaning that each one students’ applications considered no matter their financial situation, with tuition fees then covered a minimum of partly by the varsity.
There are a variety of belongings you can do to enhance your chances of gaining a scholarship. When applying for scholarships, you ought to confirm to incorporate all the documentation requested and dedicate much time to writing your application. Especially, it’s important to obviously communicate your motivations for studying and the way of gaining a scholarship will support your ambitions. Stay within the deadlines and, most significantly, show the scholarship providers you’ve got the potential to try to great things!
Q19. Am I able to get a scholarship for graduate study?
Yes! actually, graduate scholarships to review abroad tend to be even more common than undergraduate scholarships, thanks to the very fact that universities and governments are often keen to draw in highly skilled graduate students, often using graduate scholarships as an incentive.
Dependent on your level of study, there’ll vary opportunities available. While some scholarship schemes are hospitable all students, there also dedicated master’s scholarships, PhD scholarships, postdoctoral scholarships and academic research scholarships. See subsequent question for information on where to seek out scholarships.
QS also offers US$7 million worth of scholarships per annum, mostly at the graduate level and exclusively available to attendees of the QS World graduate school Tour and QS World MBA Tour. (There is additionally an Undergraduate Scholarship offering up to US$10,000, that you don’t get to have attended a QS event.)
If you’re curious about applying for one among our graduate scholarships, register for an occasion on the brink of you then complete the scholarship application process.
Q20. Am I able to apply for a scholarship before being accepted into a university?
If you’re counting on scholarship funding so as to be ready to study; you ought to let the varsity in question know of your situation. Some schools offer only ‘fully funded’ places, meaning all applicants must have sufficient funding in situ. But many allow you to use to a program before gaining scholarships, on the understanding that you simply allow them to know as soon as possible if you’ve got to reject the place thanks to lack of funding. If you are doing not get the scholarship, you ought to still have time to withdraw your university application or find an alternate method of funding before the beginning of term.
Q21. What are scholarship scams and the way do I avoid them?
A common way of determining scholarship scams is to ask yourself if the scholarship sounds just too good to be true. So if the appliance process seems too easy, or if you’ve got to pay to use, you ought to be wary. If an internet site is offering a ‘guaranteed scholarship’, otherwise you receive an unsolicited email, you ought to be very sceptical.
If you worried about the authenticity of a scholarship, conduct a web search to ascertain if there’s any longer information online about an equivalent scholarship. So if there’s little or no information or the knowledge that provided is somewhat vague or unclear, walk away!
To minimize your chances of taken in by a scam, stick with official websites belonging to colleges, government or reputed organizations, or use a free scholarship search service.
Q22. What should I submit with my scholarship application?
As well as a completed form, which can include information about yourself and your contact details; you’ll even ask to supply the subsequent documentation to support your application:
- A transcript of grades
- Letter(s) of advice
- An essay on a given topic
For some ‘need-based’ university scholarships within the US, applicants also will be asked to submit a ‘Free Application for Federal Student Aid’ (FAFSA) to determine whether or not they are in need of monetary aid.