- 0.1 Who are eligible to use for Scholarship Schemes?
- 0.2 How can the scholar apply online for the scholarship hosted on the National Scholarship Portal?
- 0.3 Fresh Application
- 0.4 Scholarship Renewal
- 0.5 Can the applicant edit the knowledge already saved and up to what percentage times?
- 0.6 Which fields the applicant can edit before final submission of application?
- 0.7 What to try to to if applicant observed that some information within the online application needs modification, after final submission of the application?
- 0.8 What should the applicant do if some particular scholarship schemes aren’t visible to the applicant, while filling online application?
- 0.9 What should the applicant do if his/her school or institute isn’t getting reflected while filling online application form?
- 0.10 Can an applicant edit his registration details?
- 0.11 Does the applicant need to refill the web application in one sitting?
- 0.12 Is there a provision to change/update the checking account details?
- 0.13 What should the applicant do, if applicant doesn’t find his/her course getting displayed?
- 0.14 How does the applicant know the name and address of Nodal Officer/ State Department of my State?
- 0.15 How to check the status of student’s application?
- 0.16 How to view the small print of a specific scheme?
- 0.17 How can the applicant change his/her mobile number?
- 0.18 Would there be any provision of advertisement published by the States/Ministry could also be placed on the portal?
- 0.19 How to realize the varied services available on the portal?
- 0.20 What quite search facility provided to students for Institute, District during registration process?
- 0.21 What are the fields which aren’t editable at all?
- 0.22 Can the applicant apply as a Fresh if he/she may be a Renewal candidate?
- 0.23 To whom should I approach if there’s inordinate delay in verification of application?
- 0.24 How can the applicant contact the helpdesk for technical problems?
- 0.25 Can the applicant withdraw his/her renewal application?
- 0.26 What If the applicant wants to vary Scholarship Scheme from Previous Year?
- 0.27 Which of the fields the Institute can edit in an applicant’s form?
- 0.28 What are the mandatory documents that needed to uploaded on Portal while applying for Scholarship?
- 1 Useful Links:
Who are eligible to use for Scholarship Schemes?
Answer: The eligibility criteria of various schemes hosted at NSP Registration Form, varies from scheme to scheme. Students studying in India and fulfilling the wants of varied scheme guidelines of varied Ministries are eligible to use for the scholarships. The detailed guidelines are available on the house Page of the Portal.
How can the scholar apply online for the scholarship hosted on the National Scholarship Portal?
Answer: On National Scholarship Portal, there are two major categories of Scholarship Schemes:
b. Post Matric/Merit-cum-Means (MCM)/ Top-class.
All these are online Schemes and any eligible student may apply for a Scholarship under any of those schemes on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). The URL of the portal is: www.scholarships.gov.in
Also Read: MP Online Login
- On the house Page of NSP, a replacement user can click on New Registration, to pick scheme details and other mandatory relevant details.
- After Registration, the applicant will get a singular application number and password as SMS within the registered mobile number
- After getting the unique application number, the applicant can click on Login for the detailed form .
i) On the house Page, a replacement user can click on Login choice to get a drop-down list which displays Fresh and Renewal for subsequent academic years.
Can the applicant edit the knowledge already saved and up to what percentage times?
Answer: The applicant can edit the draft/incomplete information as repeatedly as he/she wants, until doing ‘Finally Submit’ the web application. To edit the appliance , the applicant has got to attend the choice “Student login”, enter the appliance Id then click on submit ‘login’ button.
Which fields the applicant can edit before final submission of application?
Answer: The applicant can edit all details except “Registration Details”. It’s going to noted that when the applicants ‘finally submit’ the appliance it’ll forwarded to subsequent level and then the applicant can’t edit further.
What to try to to if applicant observed that some information within the online application needs modification, after final submission of the application?
Answer: Immediately contact the Nodal Officer (either Institute Nodal Officer or District / State Level Nodal Officer) where your application is lying for verification and request him to mark your application as DEFECTIVE. Once any application marked defective, it’s once more made available within the applicant’s login in editable mode. Applicant can edit / modify the knowledge , except Registration Details, and may re submit it.
What should the applicant do if some particular scholarship schemes aren’t visible to the applicant, while filling online application?
Answer: Schemes showed the applicants depends on the knowledge provided by the applicant while submitting on-line application and eligibility criteria of the schemes. Applicants should carefully check the correctness of data entered and undergo the scheme eligibility criteria from the scheme guidelines. Guidelines and FAQs of the schemes are available on the portal. For further assistance applicant may contact scheme owner ministry / department also referred to as nodal ministry/department. Contact details of the nodal ministries/departments are available under SERVICES section on the portal.
What should the applicant do if his/her school or institute isn’t getting reflected while filling online application form?
Answer: It’d happen if the applicant’s institute has not updated course level & course during which applicant is studying. Applicant should contact School/Institute Nodal Officer and request him to update course level and courses in Institute’s profile. Students also are suggested to cross-check the entire name and address of the institute carefully, to avoid any conflict with institutes with similar names.
Can an applicant edit his registration details?
Answer: No, an applicant can’t edit his/her registration details. However, before final submission of the appliance , he/she can withdraw the registration and apply for a fresh registration.
Does the applicant need to refill the web application in one sitting?
Answer: No, the applicant can refill the web application in many sittings using ‘Save Draft’, until the applicant satisfied that he/she has entered all desirable fields correctly. The software provides facility to save lots of the appliance at every stage until the applicant clicks on ‘Submit’ button.
Is there a provision to change/update the checking account details?
Answer: It’s advised to take care of an equivalent checking account throughout the tenure of scholarship disbursement. The applicant can’t change/update the bank details during an ongoing school year . However, there’s a provision to change/update bank details during renewal of scholarship within the subsequent school year. This is often to be noted, that the choice to vary checking account by applicant are going to be restricted strictly to One-time only, for a tutorial year. NSP system also sends text messages to the applicant’s mobile number, and in applicant’s login dashboard if there’s a requirement to change/update checking account details – the applicants are advised to stay a track of both for any update.
What should the applicant do, if applicant doesn’t find his/her course getting displayed?
Answer: The applicant should Contact his/her institute to feature it to their profile. The State Nodal Officer can co-ordinate with the institute for further assistance.
How does the applicant know the name and address of Nodal Officer/ State Department of my State?
Answer: The name and get in touch with details of the Nodal Officer/State Department of all States/UTs are available in “Services-> Search Nodal Officer Details” option.
How to check the status of student’s application?
Answer: The scholar can check the status of Online Application by login into the NSP account and “Check your Status”.
How to view the small print of a specific scheme?
Answer: You’ll click on Guidelines link of particular scheme displaying in On-Boarded schemes section on the house page.
How can the applicant change his/her mobile number?
Answer: Mobile number change option is out there just for the Renewal applicants. to vary the mobile number, applicant will need to answer some Questions (shown within the below given screenshot). the knowledge provided by the applicant would be thereafter matched with the knowledge available on the NSP database and upon successful match, the applicants can change his/her mobile number. Please note, just in case of even a small mismatch, system won’t allow applicant to proceed further. Hence applicant is suggested to enter the knowledge as displayed in his/her previous year’s application print out or soft copy for ensuring hassle-free change of the applicant’s mobile number.
Would there be any provision of advertisement published by the States/Ministry could also be placed on the portal?
Answer: The advertisement for scholarships would be published by the State Government/Central Government/Ministry on the newspapers in regional languages and in some cases national level newspapers also. It’s not mandatory to urge the advertisements published on the portal, but there’s a provision for publishing these advertisements on National Scholarship Portal. The advertisements could also placed on the portal, as per communication received from Scholarship funding State/Central body.
How to realize the varied services available on the portal?
Answer: The Services tab on the house page provides a dropdown list to access various helpful documents and services.
What quite search facility provided to students for Institute, District during registration process?
Answer: A comprehensive search facility including partial name search is out there at the Institution name Level. A drop-down list of districts is additionally available.
Also Read: NSP Institute Login
What are the fields which aren’t editable at all?
Answer: Aadhaar & Enrollment Id not editable at any stage and it suggested that these should filled very carefully.
Can the applicant apply as a Fresh if he/she may be a Renewal candidate?
Answer: No, an applicant cannot apply as a Fresh candidate, if he/she is already a Renewal candidate. The appliance are going to rejected therein case. If applicant wants to use in another scheme and doesn’t want to continue with scheme in renewal application. Then applicant will need to withdraw his/her renewal application on NSP and should apply as Fresh applicant. Renewal application withdrawn by the applicant often revoked i.e. re-instated provided applicant has not finally submitted Fresh application. Once Fresh Application finally submitted, Renewal application can’t be withdrawn further.
To whom should I approach if there’s inordinate delay in verification of application?
Answer: Scholarship application verification on NSP done by the scheme owner ministries and departments also referred to as nodal ministry / department. Applicant may contact nodal ministry / department for further assistance. Any grievance or representation regarding delay in application verification should directly sent or addressed to the scheme owner ministry / department. Contact details of nodal ministry / department are available under SERVICES section on the portal.
How can the applicant contact the helpdesk for technical problems?
Answer: For resolving the technical problems, the applicant can reach bent the dedicated helpdesk team primarily by emailing them the small print of the difficulty to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicants also can reach bent helpdesk contact number at: 0120 – 6619540. Helpdesk or NSP call centre will facilitate applicants for the problems cropped during filling up the web form or any functional issues related with portal. For inordinate delay by the nodal officer in verifying online application or any issue related with the disbursement of scholarships, applicants advised to contact scheme owner ministry / department. Contact details of scheme owner ministries / departments are available under SERVICE section on the portal.
Can the applicant withdraw his/her renewal application?
Answer: Yes, the applicant can withdraw his/her Application before Final Submission NSP Registration Form.
What If the applicant wants to vary Scholarship Scheme from Previous Year?
Answer: The applicant has got to withdraw his/her application before Final Submission, then apply for NSP Registration Form as a Fresh candidate during a new scheme.
Which of the fields the Institute can edit in an applicant’s form?
Answer: The institute can only edit the fee details in an applicant NSP Registration form. From AY2020-21 applicant’s not required to fill fee details. Instead, it’ll filled by the Institutes. Provision for Institutes to enter course-wise fee (Admission Fee, Tuition Fee and Miscellaneous Fee) details is out there in Institutes’ profile section. During application verification at Institute level, the fee within the online NSP Registration form are going to auto populated using the small print available in Institute’s profile. The Institutes can further edit the fee details for individual applications, supported various waivers given for fee components to specific students. the remainder of the small print can only updated/modified by the applicant only.
Admissible fee amount for the reimbursement for assistive devices, laptop; computer etc are going to entered by the institute nodal officer in miscellaneous fee component. Applicants advised to upload scanned copy of bill / receipts of such items while filling up online NSP Registration form.
What are the mandatory documents that needed to uploaded on Portal while applying for Scholarship?
Answer: The documents needed to uploaded on portal for applying for scholarship may vary from scheme to scheme; and it suggested to thoroughly check scheme guidelines for details. However, the subsequent documents mostly required to uploaded for Fresh applications if the quantity of Scholarship is quite Rs. 50,000/- once a year.
- Caste/Community certificate as per scheme requirement
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority within the State/UT Government.
- Disability certificate as per the scheme requirement
- Single girl child certificate issued by the Competent Authority within the State/UT Government as per the scheme requirement
- Scanned copy of Bank Passbook reflecting checking account number and IFSC details only just in case not opted for Aadhar Based payment (for Pre-Matric Scheme where students don’t have their own checking account; parents/guardian can provide their own account details).
- Residential/Domicile Certificate.