www.nsp.gov.in 2022: National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022 is a digital scholarship platform that carries multiple scholarships offered by the central government, state governments and different government agencies like UGC (University Grants Commission). So the National Scholarship Portal hosts about 104 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores for the scholarship seekers registered on the platform. According to officials, the platform has, so far, helped the government implement and disburse scholarships worth more than INR 2,700 crores. The platform boasts of more than 127 Lakh applications out of which over 84 Lakh applications are verified also.
- 1 In Hindi:
- 2 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – What it is?
- 3 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Why it was created?
- 4 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – How students can benefit from it?
- 5 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Various scholarships it covers
- 6 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Central Schemes
- 7 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – List of Central Schemes
- 8 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – UGC Schemes
- 9 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – AICTE Schemes
- 10 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – State Schemes
- 11 National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
- 12 FAQs on www.nsp.gov.in 2022
www.nsp.gov.in 2022: नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल (एनएसपी) 2022 एक डिजिटल स्कॉलरशिप प्लेटफॉर्म है जो केंद्र सरकार, राज्य सरकारों और यूजीसी (विश्वविद्यालय अनुदान आयोग) जैसी विभिन्न सरकारी एजेंसियों द्वारा दी जाने वाली कई छात्रवृत्ति प्रदान करता है। राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल मंच पर पंजीकृत छात्रवृत्ति चाहने वालों के लिए सैकड़ों करोड़ की लगभग 104 छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं की मेजबानी करता है। अधिकारियों के अनुसार, मंच ने अब तक सरकार को 2,700 करोड़ रुपये से अधिक की छात्रवृत्ति को लागू करने और वितरित करने में मदद की है। मंच में 127 लाख से अधिक आवेदन हैं, जिनमें से 84 लाख से अधिक आवेदनों का सत्यापन भी किया गया है।
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – What it is?
Introduced as the Mission Mode Project under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), the National Scholarship Portal emerges as one of the most prominent scholarship portals that offer a variety of services ranging from student scholarship application to the disbursal of scholarships to them. Hence offering a SMART (Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent) system for effective and faster disposal of scholarships, the portal ensures direct delivery of funds to the beneficiary’s account thereby avoiding any chances of leakage.
The NSP can benefit you in the following ways –
- You can find all kinds of scholarship information on one platform.
- So you have to make a single integrated application for all scholarships which simplifies the application process.
- The portal renders enhanced transparency to all its users.
- Then you can find the master data for all courses and institutions at an all-India level on this single platform.
- It also serves as a great tool for departments and ministries in the form of DSS (Decision Support System)
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Why it was created?
What was the need to create this portal? This is an obvious question to occur in your mind. The key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
- To ensure that the scholarships are being disbursed to students on a timely basis
- To offer a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships
- Also, to create a transparent scholars’ database
- To avoid duplication that occurs while processing the applications
- To harmonize the variety of scholarships and their norms
- Then to ensure the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – How students can benefit from it?
Now when you are aware of the benefits that the National Scholarship Portal renders to the students, here is how you can get the best out of this portal –
- Also, check the eligibility for the NSP scholarships available.
- Then register yourself with National Scholarship Portal and apply for the scholarship you are eligible for.
- Also, make hassle-free submission of applications online.
- Then the authorities will do the verification of the online application. Meanwhile, you can also track the status of your application through the portal.
- So if successfully verified, the scholarship amount will be directly credited to the account of the student through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). Then know the current status of NSP scholarship payment through the portal.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Various scholarships it covers
Hence known for its nationwide reach, the National Scholarship Portal covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to PhD level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are majorly categorized under the following sections –
- Central schemes
- UGC schemes
- AICTE schemes
- State schemes
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Central Schemes
Different department operating under the Government of India runs a number of scholarships to help students pursue their dream academic career without any financial constraint. So the renowned providers in the realm of scholarships include the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE), Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE), Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA), Department of Higher Education (DHE) and more.
So you can apply for all scholarships that are being offered by the central government through the National Scholarship Portal under the Central Schemes section. Then please find the cumulative list of central NSP scholarships in the table given below.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – List of Central Schemes
|Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|Post matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students||Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric||Ministry of Labour & Employment|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers- Pre-Matric||Ministry of Labour & Employment|
|Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh||Ministry of Labour & Employment|
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top-Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students) – only for scholarships||Ministry of Tribal Affairs|
|NEC Merit Scholarship for NER Region||North Eastern Council (NEC), DoNER|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship||Department of School Education & Literacy|
|Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students||Department of Higher Education|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles||WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF RPF/RPSF||Ministry of Railway|
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – UGC Schemes
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is a prominent statutory body of the Indian government functioning under the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). Hence it has been set up with an objective to coordinate, determine and maintain the standards of higher education in India. So it is the authority that offers recognition to universities across India and also provides them with funds. Besides this, the UGC also offers some scholarship schemes for students pursuing college-level education.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – AICTE Schemes
Regarded as the national-level council for technical education and a statutory body, AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) functions under the Department of Higher Education, MHRD. Operating since 1945, AICTE looks after the coordinated development and proper planning for both technical as well as management education systems in India. Despite offering approval to postgraduate and undergraduate programs under specified categories, AICTE also offers a number of scholarships for students to ensure that financial constraint does not become a blocking stone in their professional career.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – State Schemes
Just like the central government, the state government also offers scholarships for students who are domicile of that respective state. While many state governments operate their own scholarship portal for applications, some prefer inviting applications through the National Scholarship Portal. So at present, the national scholarship portal covers state schemes of 6 different states namely, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Tripura, Karnataka, Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on NSP, the students are required to upload certain documents to complete the application process. However, for the scholarship amount less than INR 50,000, the students are not required to upload any document. Also, they need to submit a copy of the documents to their respective schools/colleges/institute. For all other scholarships, the students should keep the following documents handy –
- Bank Passbook
- Then Educational documents
- Aadhaar number
- Then Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
FAQs on www.nsp.gov.in 2022
Who can apply for NSP Scholarships? www.nsp.gov.in 2022
Hence all NSP scholarships are being offered by different departments functioning under the Government of India and other state governments. Thus, the eligibility criteria for each NSP scholarship may vary. So please check individual scholarships to know their eligibility criteria. Hence these scholarships are meant for students of Class 1 to 12, undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD and Postdoctoral students. Also, you can find scholarships for SC, ST, OBC, EBC, and Minority Communities in the list available.
Is Aadhaar a mandatory requirement for all NSP scholarships?
No, an Aadhaar number is not a mandatory requirement to apply for any NSP scholarship. If the students do not have an Aadhaar number, they can still apply for the scholarships by providing the Aadhaar enrollment id.
What should an applicant do if he/she forgets the application id or password?
In case the students forget their application id or password, they can click on Forget Application ID or Forget Password button on the login page to retrieve it.
Can a student edit the form after final submission?
No, once the applicant submits the application form, no changes in information will be entertained. Thus, the students are required to properly check the application form before final submission.