NSP Scholarships: NSP Scholarships is an online scholarship portal of the Government of India. Also known as the National Scholarship Portal, the NSP website provides information on various scholarship programs launched by central ministries and several state governments. The NSP platform also hosts the application forms for all the scholarships and ensures their effective implementation and disbursement. So Every year, the NSP portal hosts over 100 scholarship schemes for students coming from different education levels and socio-economic backgrounds. In fact, for the academic year 2020-21, the government has disbursed scholarships worth over INR 2,300 crores to over 83 lakh students through this portal.
NSP स्कॉलरशिप भारत सरकार का एक ऑनलाइन स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल है। राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल के रूप में भी जाना जाता है, एनएसपी वेबसाइट केंद्रीय मंत्रालयों और कई राज्य सरकारों द्वारा शुरू किए गए विभिन्न छात्रवृत्ति कार्यक्रमों के बारे में जानकारी प्रदान करती है। एनएसपी प्लेटफॉर्म सभी छात्रवृत्तियों के लिए आवेदन प्रपत्रों को भी होस्ट करता है और उनके प्रभावी कार्यान्वयन और संवितरण को सुनिश्चित करता है। इसलिए हर साल, एनएसपी पोर्टल विभिन्न शिक्षा स्तरों और सामाजिक-आर्थिक पृष्ठभूमि से आने वाले छात्रों के लिए 100 से अधिक छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं की मेजबानी करता है। वास्तव में, शैक्षणिक वर्ष 2020-21 के लिए, सरकार ने इस पोर्टल के माध्यम से 83 लाख से अधिक छात्रों को INR 2,300 करोड़ से अधिक की छात्रवृत्ति वितरित की है।
- 1 About NSP Scholarship Portal
- 2 Benefits of NSP
- 3 What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
- 4 NSP Scholarship Central Schemes
- 5 NSP Scholarship – UGC / AICTE Schemes
- 6 NSP Scholarship State Schemes
- 7 NSP Scholarship Application Process
- 8 NSP Scholarship Documents Required
- 9 NSP Scholarship Status
- 10 Frequently Asked Question On NSP Scholarships
About NSP Scholarship Portal
The NSP portal has been introduced by the Central Government under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). The main objective behind launching this portal was to ensure efficient and timely distribution of scholarships without any leakage to the end beneficiaries i.e. students. To do this, the portal boasts of a smart system that is simplified, mission-oriented, accountable, responsive, and transparent. Students looking for scholarships can avail of the following benefits through NSP –
- All scholarship information on one platform
- The single application window for all scholarships
- Hassle-Free Scholarship Processing
- increased transparency
Also Read:- MHRD Login
Benefits of NSP
There are several benefits that eligible students can avail themselves from the National Scholarship Portal, which are as follows:
- NSP Scholarship simplifies the process as the information is available under one umbrella.
- This, being a unified application for all scholarships, ensures that students do not need to visit other websites to know about eligibility or the application process.
- This helps reduce duplication of applications.
- NSP suggests suitable schemes for the students.
- It acts as Decision Support System (DSS) for various Ministries and Departments, providing updated information on demand.
- This ensures faster scholarship processing.
- It helps to standardize master data for all India-level courses and institutions.
What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
The National Scholarship Portal is well known for its nationwide reach. It covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to Ph.D. level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are majorly categorized under the following sections –
- Central schemes
- UGC/ AICTE schemes
- State schemes
NSP Scholarship Central Schemes
Under the ‘Central Schemes’ section on NSP, students can find scholarships offered by departments such as the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Labor and Employment, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. , and family welfare. Tribal Affairs and others. So the applications for all these central schemes generally start in the month of July/August and continue till the month of December/January. The last date for applications for central schemes on NSP for the academic year was December 31. However, it has been extended till 31st November 2022.
NSP Scholarship – UGC / AICTE Schemes
Apart from the central schemes, the NSP portal also lists the scholarships offered by the University Grants Commission and the All India Council for Technical Education under the section ‘UGC/AICTE Schemes’. The main objective of these scholarships is to support the college education of the students at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. Both UGC and AICTE are statutory bodies of MHRD (now Ministry of Education), Government of India. Therefore The applications for these scholarships also start in the month of August and continue till October/November.
NSP Scholarship State Schemes
The NSP portal also lists the scholarships offered by various state governments under the ‘State Schemes’ section. These scholarships include both centrally sponsored and state-sponsored scholarships. While Centrally Sponsored Scholarships are provided by the Central Government and implemented by various States/Union Territories, State-Sponsored Schemes are both offered and implemented by the State Government. The major states/UTs hosting scholarships on NSP include Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Chandigarh, Dadra Nagar Haveli, and Daman and Diu, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur, Meghalaya, Puducherry, Tripura, and Uttarakhand.
एनएसपी पोर्टल ‘राज्य योजनाओं’ खंड के तहत विभिन्न राज्य सरकारों द्वारा दी जाने वाली छात्रवृत्ति को भी सूचीबद्ध करता है। इन स्कॉलरशिप में केंद्र प्रायोजित और राज्य प्रायोजित दोनों स्कॉलरशिप शामिल हैं। जबकि केंद्र प्रायोजित छात्रवृत्तियां केंद्र सरकार द्वारा प्रदान की जाती हैं और विभिन्न राज्यों / केंद्र शासित प्रदेशों द्वारा कार्यान्वित की जाती हैं, राज्य प्रायोजित योजनाएं राज्य सरकार द्वारा प्रदान और कार्यान्वित की जाती हैं। एनएसपी पर छात्रवृत्ति की मेजबानी करने वाले प्रमुख राज्यों / केंद्रशासित प्रदेशों में असम, अरुणाचल प्रदेश, चंडीगढ़, दादरा नगर हवेली, और दमन और दीव, गोवा, हिमाचल प्रदेश, जम्मू और कश्मीर, मणिपुर, मेघालय, पुडुचेरी, त्रिपुरा और उत्तराखंड शामिल हैं।
NSP Scholarship Application Process
If you find yourself eligible for any of the scholarships listed on the NSP, you must ensure that you apply for them within the stipulated time frame. Hence the application process for all the scholarships is simple as there is a single application window for all the scholarships. To start the application process, students are primarily required to register on the portal. Thereafter, they can proceed to fill out the application form by logging into the user dashboard.
Also Read:- NSP Portal Login
Follow the steps given below to make a successful application –
- Visit the official website of NSP (National Scholarship Portal).
- Before registering, ensure that your institute is register on the portal by clicking on the ‘Search for Institute’ button.
- If your institute is not register, please ask your institute to register on the portal first.
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ button.
- And read all the registration guidelines carefully and click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Fill in all the mandatory fields which are marked with an asterisk ‘*’, and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- On successful registration, an Application ID and Password will be given to your register mobile number.
- And login using the application ID and password received.
- You will have to verify the OTP sent to your registered mobile number, after which you will have to change your password as per your convenience.
- And after changing the password a user dashboard will open. Click on ‘Application Form’ to start filling out the application.
- And fill in all the details in the application form and upload all the required documents as specified.
- And Finally, submit the application by clicking on the ‘Final Submit’ button.
Any details entered in the scholarship form cannot be edited after the final submission. Thus, you must ensure that you have entered the correct information in the application form. Any discrepancy in the information may lead to the rejection of the application.
NSP Scholarship Documents Required
The documents required for each NSP scholarship may differ. However, some important documents that you must keep with you for a successful application include –
- educational documents
- Aadhar Card
- bank passbook
- Residence certificate (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate (if applicable)
- Original certificate from school/institute (as applicable)
- These documents need to be upload only for the scholarship amount above INR 50,000. However, for scholarship amounts less than Rs.50,000, students are requir to submit these documents to their respective school/institute/college.
NSP Scholarship Status
NSP Status is one of the major features that the portal offers to its users. Under this facility, students are allowed to check their scholarship application status online through the portal itself. To track the status of your application you need to follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Visit the official website of NSP.
- And Click on the ‘Login’ button and select the year (either fresh or renewal).
- Login using Application ID and Password.
- After That Click on the ‘Check Your Status’ button in the User Dashboard.
- So The actual status of your application will appear on the screen. Fill in all the details in the application form and upload all the required documents as specified.
Frequently Asked Question On NSP Scholarships
How do I get an NSP ID?
- Candidates should visit the NSP login page.
- They should click on Forget Application ID below the NSP login button.
- Either click on Search by Bank Account Number or Search by Registered Mobile Number.
- And They should provide the details and enter the captcha code.
How many scholarships are offer by NSP?
Pre-Matric Scholarship is INR 6000 and Post-Matric Scholarship is INR 1200 per month provided the family income is less than 200000 per year from all available sources. There is also a merit-based scholarship for the students and those who get selected get Rs 20,000 per year.
Who is eligible for NSP Scholarship?
Stream and pursue regular course (not correspondence or distance mode) from the respective examination board in class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent in colleges/institutions recognized by All India Council of Technical Education, UGC Act, 1956, Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India and concerned.
What percentage is require for the scholarship?
The minimum percentage criteria to apply for any scholarship is that the candidate must have scored more than 80% marks in the class 12 examination. Also, the candidate’s parental income should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakhs per year.
Is NSP Scholarship for OBC Category?
The objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to OBC students studying at the post-matriculation or post-secondary level to enable them to complete their education. So The rates under various post-matric courses range between Rs. 750 per month and Rs. 260 per month for hostels.